The SliMP3. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get my MP3s playing downstairs, without a noisy PC with fan to do it. This looks like a good way to do it; stream them from your PC upstairs!
- Supports all MP3 bit rates and VBR, plus MPEG2
- Communicates using IP over Ethernet, open streaming/control protocol
- Infrared remote control
- Small enough that you can put it anywhere – on a shelf, bedside table, etc.
- Open-source server, written in Perl (GPL)
- Optional HTTP interface – control the player and manage your playlists from a web browser!
Only $249. (Shipping may be a different matter, though…)Comments closed