Work: Life Hacks: Tech Secrets of Overprolific Alpha Geeks, Danny O’Brien’s ETech talk.
Amazingly, despite not being an alpha geek ;), I already use all these things:
- a todo.txt file (anything else is inconvenient).
- everything incoming comes through email, including RSS (thanks to rss2email). Again, anything else is inconvenient; I couldn’t be bothered with another desktop app.
- I hack scripts for every repetitive task I run into
- I sync instead of backup; everything has a CVS repository running on a remote server, even my home dir
- I have a nasty tendency to web-scrape data
These tips definitely are good advice. Although I have a feeling the result is optimised to a weblogging UNIX geek who spends hours hacking perl/python scripts. ;)
I’m looking forward to LifeHacks.com when it does eventually go live… should be interesting.