Running on WordPress!

I’ve decided to try out the real deal — a ‘proper’ weblogging platform, namely WordPress. Be sure to comment if you spot problems…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted August 15, 2005 at 11:24 | Permalink

Cool stuff. I’ve had very few problems with WordPress.

The two problems that I notice the most are: 1. wordpress gets overzealous with the addslashes() at times 2. comments that have code in them tend to get snipped after left-pointy-bracket characters

2. Posted August 15, 2005 at 11:24 | Permalink

oh – you’d better turn moderation on – otherwise, you’ll get a shit-load of spambots tramping their way through here.

3. Conor
    Posted August 15, 2005 at 20:26 | Permalink

I am in shock, it looks very pretty!

4. Administrator
    Posted August 15, 2005 at 21:24 | Permalink

thanks for the feedback guys! yep, there are definitely a few things I need to do I think…

5. Posted August 15, 2005 at 21:59 | Permalink

Congrats on the new look!

As for spambots etc., there are a number of plugins you can use with WP to block them. A couple of them use DNSBLs to check the IPs, whereas others go based on the UA.

6. Chris
    Posted August 21, 2005 at 17:46 | Permalink

I’m shocked too J. I never thought I’d see the day when you jumped ship to a blogtool.

You’ll love SpamKarma, there is something very SA about it ;)

For a start you could give your admin user a nickname ;)

7. Posted August 22, 2005 at 22:27 | Permalink

actually, I’m going to give a CAPTCHA a try; imo they’re pretty suitable for blog comment anti-spam.

8. Posted August 22, 2005 at 22:35 | Permalink

testing again.

9. Posted August 22, 2005 at 22:36 | Permalink

Sweet, that works, and isn’t too intrusive. Let’s see how it goes.

10. Posted September 20, 2005 at 23:16 | Permalink

quick post-upgrade test…

11. Posted September 26, 2005 at 03:10 | Permalink

I’ve just decided to disable WP comment moderation after encountering wp-spamassassin, a WordPress plugin which is effectively a PHP version of spamc.

12. Posted October 12, 2005 at 10:25 | Permalink

Hi, Justin! Never heard of you until Matt mentioned that you were now using WP! Nice site, I’ll be back.

I’ve been using WP since last February. It’s an empowering piece of software indeed!

13. Posted October 29, 2005 at 23:44 | Permalink

just testing a comment preview thingy…

14. Posted October 29, 2005 at 23:45 | Permalink

another test

15. Posted October 30, 2005 at 00:05 | Permalink

16. Posted October 30, 2005 at 00:05 | Permalink

ok, seems to be working now with both the moronic test, and comment previews. I’ll stop fiddling before I break it again ;)

17. Posted June 24, 2008 at 09:20 | Permalink

OOoooo – can I make Captcha do the same thing? If so how? Thanks (I’m desperate to stop those thousands of spam comments!) :-)

One Trackback

• By Holy Shmoly! :: Justin’s Running on WordPress! on October 12, 2005 at 09:23

[…] Justin Mason’s site is now running on WordPress, and umm, has been since August 22nd. Oops, thought I visited there more often! Related Stories (justin’s, running, wordpress!) […]