Irish Blog Awards 2007

Well, that was fun! didn’t make the shortlists, but I went along anyway just to hang out — and lots of chat was had accordingly. Got to finally meet up with a few people I’d chatted with online, like Nialler9 — and with a few old friends I don’t get to see often enough: Antoin, Elana, Brendan, Clare Dillon (ex-Iona!), and another ex-Ionian, Aisling Mackey. A good laugh.

Have to say though, it seems a vote from me was the kiss of death in many of the categories: Sarah Carey, Blogorrah, Ireland from a Polish perspective, and (the late lamented) TCAL all got my thumbs-up in the shortlist voting, and all wound up missing out on the chunk’o’lucite. Sorry about that guys. ;)

Thanks again to Damien for organising the whole do! It’s great to have an event like this to bring each of our disparate blogs physically together for a bit of community.

By the way I’d like to point out that, in contrast to the Blogorrah Bock the Robber mafiosi, I had a real moustache… ;)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted March 5, 2007 at 14:15 | Permalink

At one point I elbowed my wife and said “see see, look at Justin, that’s the sort of tache I wanted”.

2. Posted March 5, 2007 at 14:28 | Permalink

hahaha! What did she say?!

3. Posted March 5, 2007 at 14:38 | Permalink

She was suitably impressed. A much better response than the laughter I got when she saw mine last summer.

4. Posted March 5, 2007 at 16:22 | Permalink

I could see it working on you actually. Be warned though: as a mate noted, it combines the worst of both worlds: you still have to shave the non-hair bits, but you also have to trim the hairy bits too. Twice the work. ;)

5. Posted March 5, 2007 at 20:14 | Permalink

Lads, there is no need for beard trimming just let it grow as it wants. It may not make me look good but it saves loads of time!

6. Posted March 5, 2007 at 21:16 | Permalink

Hmm, maybe for my summer holidays again.

7. ben
    Posted March 5, 2007 at 21:23 | Permalink

A tache is a deliberate commitment; sideburns can just sneak up on you until you find yourself sporting a pair of luxuriant Rhodes-Boysons.

8. Posted March 6, 2007 at 12:01 | Permalink

I didn’t know what you looked like or I’d have said hello, especially to compliment you on your fine ‘tache. Are you also blogging at Undersea Community?

9. Posted March 6, 2007 at 12:18 | Permalink

That’s fine :) I am glad to be nominated. To be honest, I didn’t expected such feedback and things like Irish Blog Awards nomination, interviews, working for the press in Ireland etc. :)

I would like to thank you for your vote.

Go raibh maith agat!

10. Posted March 6, 2007 at 12:26 | Permalink

hey Sinead! Yeah, I wanted to head over and say hi — I think you were in the row behind us — but missed the chance entirely, unfortunately; by the time I got it together you were gone. :(

Undersea Community is a group blog with a few people, but nowadays it’s mostly just me posting (I’m “undersea”). I’m keeping the music and the techie stuff on two separate blogs, since this one is syndicated to a few techie syndication sites and they mightn’t be so thrilled with the Ladytron MP3s etc. ;)

Congrats on the (well deserved) win btw!

11. Posted March 6, 2007 at 12:28 | Permalink

MacKoser — you’re welcome! thanks for writing the fascinating blog.