Not Cosmo

So, we were all set to name our new arrival Cosmo, assuming it was a boy. We were certain it was going to be a boy. Guess what? It wasn’t… so now we have to narrow down the girl-name shortlist in a hurry!

Isn’t she lovely? Lots more photees at Flickr.

Anyway, I may be hard to get hold of for a while… this lady will be keeping me busy I think ;)

Update: Looks like the name is Beatrice Lily Mason, although there’s still a fair bit of indecision, unfortunately ;)

Update 2: Beatrice Lily Gray Mason. Final answer!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. sarah
    Posted August 30, 2007 at 11:29 | Permalink

Hurrah! And what a fine child! And big eyes focusing in on Mammy already :-) But what about the gories? That was a long labour. Is Catherine ok? What happened????

2. Posted August 30, 2007 at 11:36 | Permalink

Congratulations both of you!

3. Posted August 30, 2007 at 11:56 | Permalink

Oh wow, she is lovely, and so alert! What a a head of hair! Congrats to the two of you. I wish mom a speedy recovery too!

4. Posted August 30, 2007 at 12:00 | Permalink

Congratulations!!! & Welcome “Not-cosmo”

All the best wishes to you all

D, CS,CB, Doc, AlexB & all the rest…

5. gearoidc
    Posted August 30, 2007 at 12:18 | Permalink

congrats guys. welcome to the planet ‘girl with no-name’

6. Victor Reijs
    Posted August 30, 2007 at 12:20 | Permalink

Welcome to this world ‘Cosmo’,

My parent did it the otherway around (they had only a girl’s names ready, I ven have ‘her’ name on a birthplate…). So I know what it means in your future live;-) Enjoy and live it and have fun with your parents and of course your grandmom and granddad!!! This needs a Guinness coming Sunday.

Have fun in this new live.

All the best,

Victor

7. Posted August 30, 2007 at 12:24 | Permalink

Congrats.

When you have a chance, you should fix your image-hotlink rules, since they mean that anyone who was reading your feed couldn’t get the image :) (at least in google reader.) But understandably you’ve got other priorities ATM ;)

8. Posted August 30, 2007 at 13:08 | Permalink

Congrats! But your anti-hotlinking thing is busted. I got the black “please do not link” image while reading your blog via the http://planet.perl.org/ RSS feed, and still see it here on your blog unless/until I hit reload.

9. Posted August 30, 2007 at 13:13 | Permalink

Congratulations to both of you! Baby’s first perl mod can’t be far off :) Of course, the clock is now ticking to see if we can make sure she never gets her first bit of spam grin

10. Matt Sergeant
    Posted August 30, 2007 at 14:26 | Permalink

Congrats to the two of you.

11. Posted August 30, 2007 at 14:44 | Permalink

Wow, Congratulations!

As for a name, how about a contraction of both your names: Justine or maybe one one of these: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=justin+catherine&t=1000 or maybe I’ll just shut up…

12. Posted August 30, 2007 at 14:47 | Permalink

Wahoo! Congratulations!

13. Posted August 30, 2007 at 15:39 | Permalink

Cosmina!

btw: clear your cache, then go to http://planetilug.linux.ie/ – big black “don’t hotlink” image. this also happens in Google Reader.

14. Suzanne
    Posted August 30, 2007 at 18:08 | Permalink

Awww! So cute!

Congratulations to you both. Hope you’ve found a name yet. Otherwise I can recommend ‘Suzanne’. It’s a fine name and can be shortened to ‘Suzie’ for family and friends.

All the best.

15. Posted August 30, 2007 at 18:21 | Permalink

Congratulations!

16. Posted August 30, 2007 at 20:19 | Permalink

Congratulations! I didn’t even realize the two of you were expecting! (It’s been a busy year for me too, so I haven’t been paying the usual level of attention to some things.) Enjoy your two or three months of sleep-deprived euphoria and don’t waste a moment of her first few months. The rest of us can chase the spammers for a while. ;)

17. Posted August 30, 2007 at 22:05 | Permalink

Awesome, congrats! I think “Not Cosmo Mason” would be a cool name. Your daughter would hate me, but cool nonetheless. :)

18. Posted August 30, 2007 at 22:07 | Permalink

thanks everyone!

I’ve just updated the post; we’re settling on “Beatrice Lily Mason”, although it’s still not rock solid yet ;)

19. Posted August 30, 2007 at 23:06 | Permalink

Congratulations! Cute baby.

20. Posted August 30, 2007 at 23:38 | Permalink

Congratulations to you both. “Beatrice” is a lovely name.

21. Posted August 31, 2007 at 00:44 | Permalink

oh btw Sarah — Catherine is not keen on discussing the gory details of her lady’s bits in public, esp not on the web, so you may have to wait and get that in private, I’m afraid ;) Suffice to say it was indeed a long labour.

22. ben
    Posted August 31, 2007 at 07:50 | Permalink

Catherine, congratulations, I hope you and your wonderful daughter can enjoy some rest and easy happiness and the abject servitude of all those around you for a while.

Justin, congratulations, don’t you have some abject servitude to do?

My very best to the three of you; you are much in my thoughts.

I’ll even spare a flicker of sympathy for a cat who has no idea how far he’s just been demoted.

23. Rev
    Posted August 31, 2007 at 10:03 | Permalink

Congratulations and best wishes to all!!

24. Posted August 31, 2007 at 11:16 | Permalink

Congratulations to the three of you!

25. David Malone
    Posted August 31, 2007 at 20:38 | Permalink

Congrats! I thought being warned of a boy and getting a girl was quite unusual, but not that unusual it seems!

26. Posted August 31, 2007 at 22:44 | Permalink

Congratulations!

I still can’t believe you guys had sex… :)

27. Posted September 2, 2007 at 21:15 | Permalink

That’s great news. Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous daughter and best wishes to you all.

28. Ross
    Posted September 3, 2007 at 19:49 | Permalink

Congratulations to the three of you!

29. Posted September 7, 2007 at 01:00 | Permalink

Congratulations!

30. Liz Cho
    Posted September 9, 2007 at 09:52 | Permalink

Catherine from now on has two birthday gifts to prepare in September: yours and Beatrice’s. Only nine more days and it’s your own big day (which also happens to be yours truly’s). Two Virgos in the same house! I wonder how Virgo father and Virgo daughter will do.

31. Posted September 9, 2007 at 10:50 | Permalink

I wonder how Virgo father and Virgo daughter will do.

they will have the exact same lives, if horoscopes are to be believed ;-)

I’m disappointed that “Cosmina” wasn’t chosen. It’s a shame to waste the name. Maybe I’ll spawn myself again just to use it.

32. Liz Cho
    Posted September 9, 2007 at 17:16 | Permalink

I don’t know how to quote on this, so here I’ll do it the rudimentary way:

“they will have the exact same lives, if horoscopes are to be believed ;-)”

Actually, that’s why I want to look at her natal chart (I mentioned this to Justin on another place) because being sun sign Virgos may be the only commonality between Justin and Beatrice. Of course, this only matters if one gives credence to astrology or at least finds it fun to act as if one does. I belong to the latter camp, just to make it clear. : )

33. Posted September 9, 2007 at 18:33 | Permalink

I mis-read “natal chart” as “naval chart” and thought “…wut?”

A quote is done by prefixing the line you’re quoting with the character ‘>’, just like in email.

34. sush
    Posted September 10, 2007 at 22:28 | Permalink

Oh snap, that’s a cute little baby! I just had lunch with an Irish dude named Niall Macmenamin. His grandma is named Beatrice. So you got that going for you.

35. Posted September 22, 2007 at 00:15 | Permalink